Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Tarot Of The Day June 30 2018 - Day 12: The Raven’s Prophecy Deck - Practicum 2

Tarot Of The Day June 30 2018 - Day 12: The Raven’s Prophecy Deck - Practicum 2

I have begun the creation of an 89 day tarot course in a group I am a member of on Facebook ('A Kaleidoscope of Magical Perceptions' is the name of the group, please feel free to request membership - it is full of fun people and really great posts about all manner of topics) and I thought I would cross post the information here to this blog as well. Once the initial 89 days of the course have passed, it will start over using a different tarot deck. The text of the twelfth session follows.

Today, we are going over a spread of my own design, The Feather and Stone Spread. I came up with it during a time in my life when I was struggling with a decision and wanted to weigh the risks, benefits, and consequences. 

{For those of you who read this blog, you'll recognize this spread from a post last year, where I introduced it with a horrible sketch I drew with my finger on a cellphone. Since those in my Facebook group aren't familiar with it, I thought I'd share it with them, but I made a layout graphic to share it to them, so here's The Feather and Stone Spread, revisited.}





So I drew 5 cards to use to walk through the layout with:
1: 4 of Coins - inheritance, greed, solidity, miserliness, power, vitality, forcefulness, empowerment, and possessiveness.
2: Ace of Coins, Reversed - corruption, excess, surplus.
3: Temperance - adaptation, integration, synergy, balance of paradoxes, union, experience, resolution of conflicts, symmetry, combinations, alchemy, tempering, dream, vision, actualization, adaptation, coordination, self control.
4: The Empress - fertility, wisdom, earth-mother, prophecy, love of nature, spiritual essence, healing, nurturing, emotion, creation, cycles, balance, fruitfulness, contentment.
5:The Star - inspiration, confidence, self esteem, talent, guidance, expression, innovation, creativity, radiance, manifestation, charisma, magnetism, instinct, accomplishment, internal balance, spontaneity, vitality, nature, hope, insight, meaning.

So, the feather and stone are the two sides of the issue - here, the 4 of Coins and the Ace of Coins. Considering the suit of Coins is the Suit representative of the element Earth, is associated primarily with material things and specifically finances, I think it is safe to say that whatever decision I need to make deals with money. On one hand, I have the greed; the side where I am clinging to money and may expect to receive money I may not have actually earned, per se, but that I feel strongly about, possessive over. On the other hand, I have corruption and excess; a situation where I may need to choose between being stingy or allowing corruption to rule me because it might benefit me financially. 

For the Risk,  I drew Temperance, which is a card all about finding and creating balance. So maybe I will risk the loss of the balance I have created so far in my life, that I work so hard to maintain. For the Benefit, I drew The Empress, who signifies benefit, nurturing and healing. Perhaps I will benefit from this loss of balance by gaining closure or healing in some way.

Finally, in the Consequence position I drew The Star, who indicates that this decision, although it seems to risk the balance I already have and that I may gin some healing from, may cost me a piece of myself. I identify with the Star card because she about inspiration, creativity - If there were a card in the Tarot to represent the archetypal Muse, I think the Star would be it.

I did the draws for this layout without any specific decisions in mind, SO I need to do some objective thinking to see how these cards align with me, specifically he Feather and  Stone cards, but it’s fairly clear I have a decision to make that has to do with money, and what I choose may impact my life by creating some chaos, but with the benefit of closure and healing. 

You’ll not that this layout has no ‘this is the answer/outcome/solution’ card in it, and that is because I wanted go create a layout that forces those who use it (or the person being read for, that is) to actually use objectivity and introspection, and not let the cads make a decision for them.

Give this layout a try! Let me know what you think in the comments. I LOVE feedback!

Tomorrow - Wheel Of Fortune


***TOTD will cover the entire 78 card Raven’s Prophecy Deck alongside the Rider-Waite deck for comparison. In order to not completely burn out, this course of lessons will be 89 days long, so that every Saturday I can break the lessons up by doing a practicum lesson. Practicum lessons will take the form of a layout or spread that I will walk you through the steps of interpretation for. After the first 89 day session ends, we will start over with a one day break for a poll to be done to see what deck everyone wants to see next round. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment