Sunday, July 22, 2018

Tarot Of The Day July 21, 2018 - Day 28: The Raven’s Prophecy Deck - Practicum 4

Tarot Of The Day July 21, 2018 - Day 28: The Raven’s Prophecy Deck - Practicum 4

I am posting a daily tarot course in a group I am a member of on Facebook ('A Kaleidoscope of Magical Perceptions' is the name of the group, please feel free to request membership - it is full of fun people and really great posts about all manner of topics) and I thought I would cross post the information here to this blog as well. Once the initial sessions of the course have passed, it will start over using a different tarot deck. The text of the twenty-eighth session follows.

Today’s Practicum walks us through the Read Your Own Mind Tarot Spread. In my class today, the one thing I noticed most about this spread is this: We often read and interpret the cards as if they are an outside individual with their own opinion, but and especially in this particular layout, we must read them as extensions of our own mind. This is, after all, the READ YOUR OWN MIND spread! When you read the card that says ‘how do others see you’, the card is describing how YOU THINK others see you, not how they actually see you. Doing this layout may see you realizing some hard truths about how you think about yourself, and what your priorities are.


Here’s the cards I drew today for this layout:

1. 6 of Wands: victory, success, advancement, revitalization.
2. Temperance, reversed: competition, change.
3. Mage: will, communication, memory, organization
4. Ace of Coins, reversed: corruption, excess, surplus.
5. 5 of Cups: disillusionment, disappointment, sorrow, loss, fragility, depression.
6. Queen of Cups, reversed: perversity, dishonesty, immorality.

So from those cards, it looks like I may have a bit of an ego - but let me also counter that by saying I spend a lot of time visualizing success in hopes of achieving it. Don’t dream it; be it! So although this card makes me look a little full of myself, I feel like it is actually showing me a picture of my IDEAL self, who is all of the things described by the 6 of Wands. As for the second card, I do often feel that others might think I am too competitive, and perhaps a bit flaky - I have named myself ‘theADDartist’, after all, and I am driven to do well for myself, which could come across as competitive. The third card is absolutely spot on for ‘what doesn’t represent me’ - anyone who knows me even a little bit will tell you that I am probably the most disorganized and scatterbrained person ever in my personal life. I am hyper-organized, however, when it comes to smaller tasks. I have serious communication issues (telephonophobia, anyone?) and, at least in the past, have shown little personal will. I have spent much of my life bending to others will. 

The fourth Card, the Ace of Coins, for ‘what is important to you right now’  seems quite negative, but as I am almost always concerned about where my next dollar is coming from, I’m not surprised to see the keywords excess and surplus. The fifth card, what is not important, took me a minute to recognize, and then it hit me - I used to define my self by the fact that I suffer from depression - but I have begun to stop doing that and it is no longer a big deal to me. If I see depression coming, I no longer dread it. I have made it less of a monster in my life, and therefore less important to me. Finally, I drew the Queen of Cups in reverse  to represent the things in my life I do not need, and although I don’t mind a little perversity in my life (waggles eyebrows suggestively,) I certainly do not need dishonesty and immorality, so that seems like a gimme.

Tomorrow - 2 of Cups

***TOTD will cover the entire 78 card Raven’s Prophecy Deck alongside the Rider-Waite deck for comparison. In order to not completely burn out,  on Saturday I will break the lessons up by doing a practicum lesson. Practicum lessons will take the form of a layout or spread that I will walk you through the steps of interpretation for. After the first round of sessions ends, we will start over with a short break for a poll to be done to see what deck everyone wants to see next round. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment